I happened to be watching a Rick Steves show on Denmark and in the show they were describing a way of living that they had. It was called hyggelig (hoo.gl.ee). This hyggelig meant you always have a drink, some food, and at the very least a candle between you and your company. It meant feeling cozy at the very base translation of the word but actually much more, it was your surroundings without anything that would make you feel ill at ease or emotionally overwhelmed. It was actually the pursuit of serenity, of comfy, of homey, of anything that brought that warm fuzzy to your soul.

My jaw dropped at this Danish discovery of self. That one single word summed up the pursuit of my entire life. Hyggelig!!! This blog is about just that, all the things that make me feel hyggelig. My only hope is that they inspire you to find your own hyggelig too. Imagine a world full of hyggelig, just imagine...

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Something Besides Animal Fever

Oh, alright even though I think this fall is about 90% leather and fur I will give you some of the fun trends I'm seeing that I'm looking forward to wearing myself.

Trend #1 Go girly and wear socks with almost anything including leather overalls, skirts, dresses, and best of all cropped pants! A great way to take your summer favs into the cooler months.

United Bamboo (cropped cuffed trousers are big for fall!)
House of Holland (imagine this in your fav colors)

Gary Graham

Karen Walker 
Marc by Marc Jacobs


Steven Alan

Richard Chai Love
Vivienne Westwood


Trend #2 silky pants. Just imagine lounging in these! How to be lux, comfy, and chic all in one!
Tsumori Chisato
Roksanda LLincic 
Jenni Kayne
Fall is my favorite time of year and I look forward to it even though we are nearing winters end. I'm kinda strange that way. I'm excited to take you all along with me! There is so much more to see, to do, to learn, to take in, and yes some very exciting changes to come to this blog come fall!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment